1. Life isn’t a story.
2. A lot of things don’t need to be intellectualized: “because I want to” is often a good enough reason.
3. Empathy is first an act of imagination.
4. Don’t take business advice from people with bad personal lives.
5. There are two ways to look at your life: what happened to you or what you did.
6. Resources don’t replace will.
7. Lazy trumps smart.
8. Everybody wants to give advice and no one wants to take it.
9. We only deserve what we can take care of.
10. Clearly labeling other people’s petty grievances as bullshit is a fast track to well-being and fewer complaints of your own.
11. Money is circulated. Time is spent.
12. You can punch back.
13. Social media gets less annoying if you’re willing to say to people, “Who the hell do you think you are?”
14. Pain is unavoidable. Suffering is optional.
15. Who you are has more to do with how you act and what you love than what you have or say.
16. It’s more complicated than that.
17. Everything good I have came from honesty, good intentions, and low expectations.
18. Stick with the attentive ones.
19. Find a way to forgive your mistakes.
20. You’ll never know enough. Oh well.